Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2016

In a foreign country poem

As happy as a dear
Germany is a place that I will never fear
Going to Germany sounds like fun
I might just go have me a hot cross bun
Now making new friends
We could all make new trends
So now that you know I'm excited
Even though I'm not from Germany, we will all be united.

Quote: "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."

English words:                                    German words:
Good morning                                     Moije                      
Hello                                                   Hallo
Thank you                                           Danke
Do you speak english?                         Sprechen sie Englisch?
Goodbye                                            Auf Wiedersehen!                       
How much does this cost?                   Wie viel kostet das?
When is the next bus?                          Wann ist die nächste Bushaltestelle?
Where is the nearest hospital?              Wo ist das nächste Krankenhaus

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,

    This is such a cool poem. Great work! I love that quote. I have definitely read a few pages and hope you do too!

    Keep up the good work! I hope you rejoin the Summer Learning Journey soon!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,

    What a great poem! The translations you've added definitely help anyone willing to quickly learn a few phrases in German.

    Keep it up!
    Iisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle,

    My name is Von and I am a year 7 student from S.P.X school. I really love your poem it's really good. I like your poem because you have a word that rhythms with it.. Great work and I hope you continue to post more of your great work :)

    Von,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle!

    It just occured to me while I was looking at your blog, that you might not have the link to continue the Summer Learning Journey. So here, please join in again. You seem to be a hard worker, and I would loveto see more of your blogging skills!

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/welcome

    If you follow the links you'll find the activities. It's something to do when the weather isn't nice, right?

    Kia kaha,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.